Stretch marks form on thighs, especially inner thighs during the third trimester of pregnancy, or when you lose weight quickly. Stretch marks are unsightly, and many girls detest seeing them on their thighs. They can be difficult to get rid of, though because they form deep in the skin.
But stretch marks affect everyone, not just girls. No one wants to see their youthful skin glow fading and stretch marks appearing as the skin changes. The thing with girls and stretch marks is that they frustrate their dreams of wearing a two-piece bathing suit.
The most common body area that stretch marks form on is the thighs. These marks also form on the hips, buttocks, stomach and arms as well. The marks can at times be pinkish, purplish or a dark coloration.
What do you do when you find that you have stretch marks on your thighs that are making you self-conscious and too uncomfortable to step out in your favorite swimsuit? The good news is there are simple strategies that you can implement to get rid of the unsightly marks.
Start by staying well hydrated. Daily, drink about ten glasses of water. When your skin is well hydrated, it is soft and moisturized and nourished to its inner layers, where the stretch marks form. Being well hydrated will stop more stretch marks from forming on your thighs and get rid of the ones already developed.
You can also use vitamin E to banish stretch marks from your thighs. Vitamin E aids in skin cells regeneration. Split a vitamin E capsule and extract the oil. Rub this oil on your thighs at least twice in a day. Massage the vitamin E oil into your thighs using circular motions for better results.
Exercise is another strategy to get rid of stretch marks on your thighs. When you do some physical activity, blood flow in your body is improved. Blood will carry nourishment which will bring on healing to the deeper layers of your skin, where stretch marks begin.
If none of the above is a pleasing option to you, you can visit your doctor for creams which will get rid of your stretch marks. Newer stretch marks which are red and pinkish require a different cream from the one you use for older stretch marks. Your doctor can prescribe the right cream.
Here are a few natural remedies for eliminating stretch marks on thighs. Pick the solution most suitable for you and try it.
- Aloe Vera. Leave on Aloe Vera gel on thighs for 15 minutes and then wash off.
- Exfoliate by rubbing the affected areas on the thighs for 10 minutes with a mixture of sugar, lemon juice, and almond oil.
- Daily massage castor oil onto affected areas on legs. Wrap the area with a cloth and apply heat with a heating pad for about thirty minutes.
- Slice up a lemon into several pieces and rub one of the pieces in circular motions on the thighs on the stretch marks for ten minutes.
- Slice a raw potato and rub its fluids on the stretch marks. Wash off when the juice dries on the skin.